Thursday, August 18, 2011

Soft Serve Banana Ice Cream

Oh my goodness... I completely stole this off my friends blog!! I hope she doesn't mind, but I give her full credit.  Gabi is amazing and you should stop by her blog and say "Hi"!! Make sure you tell her I sent you!  The following is all from her and I couldn't have said it any better.  I hope you enjoy this yummy treat as much as I will!

I never imagined this would be so good but it is, I promise. The recipe info only includes the nutritional info for the bananas BUT feel free to use no calorie toppings or mix ins like cinnamon (awesome choice!). Make sure if you include anything else, you count the calories.

This might also be a great way to sneak some fruit into your children's day.... where are my sneaky moms out there?! Enjoy!

Soft-Serve Banana Ice Cream


Nutrition Info
Calories: 108.6
Fat: 0.6g
Carbohydrates: 27.6g
Protein: 1.2g

Ingredients
4 frozen bananas

Directions

Place frozen bananas in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse several times to break into smaller pieces, then turn on and run for about five minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl. The bananas will start to resemble soft serve in a few minutes. Transfer to a bowl and place in freezer for about 15 minutes, if you'd like, or serve immediately.

Another recommended topping: A tablespoon of pure maple syrup mixed with 2 tsp dark cocoa powder (calories not included).

Or maybe you should mix in some PB2 for an awesome PB Banana ice cream! Please share your other ideas too!!

(Makes four 1/2 cup servings)

Number of Servings: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment